||No 7, Aditigreenscapes,
Survey No. 20, Venkateshpura,
Tel : 91-080-22792658,
Email : email@example.com,
I am an Architect, Planner, Activist and Theoretician. I worked with Architects of International repute before starting my private practice in Jan 1991 at New Delhi. I shifted practice to Bangalore in 1994. I have underway in the form of designing and constructions several reputed projects in India and abroad.
My Buildings have been judged to be simple and direct solutions of problems concerning the function of the building, its economics, its aesthetical value and the climate in which its stands. In my buildings I try to be sympathetic to the immediate environment in terms of climate, statement of the building forms, local and green building materials etc. I believe that a building is a living entity. It has to have a spirit and it should be felt like a living entity by the occupants ; for ever changing with the seasons, from spring to summer, to rainy season and so on.
DESIGN STATEMENT :
An architect is a Catalyst providing social and cultural stage sets for all human activities. Hence the magnitude of Responsibility on our shoulders is of staggering proportions! Hence a mix of RESPONSIBLE Creativity and CREATIVE Responsibility should determine the ARCHITECTURAL Character of any Building.
1973 - 1980 - High school +2 -Central School, Jamalpur, Bihar.
1980 - 1982 - Bsc-PCM - REI College, Dayalbagh, Agra.
1982 - 1987- B.Arch - Govt. College of Architecture, Lucknow.
2008 - 2009 - PG Diploma in Theology - Dayalbagh University.
14 - 15 June 2002 - Training programme on Rain water Harvesting issues & Techniques, Bangalore.
14th Sep, 2005 - One day training programme on green buildings & green building rating, IGBC New Delhi.
15th March, 2008 - Training programme by Gramavidya, On Innovative Construction Technologies, Bangalore.
15th April, 2009 - Film making course cum workshop at Bangalore.
July, 2010 - Summer executive programme on ”media architecture” at Graduate school of design, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
July 2010 - “Charrette Training” at Graduate school of design, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
|PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS :
MANAGING TRUSTEE :
- COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE, NEW DELHI.
- INDIAN NATIONAL TRUST FOR ART AND CULTURAL, HERITAGE, NEW DELHI.
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS, MUMBAI.
- CENTRE FOR GREEN BUILDING MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
1991 - 1992 in Private Practice at Delhi.
1992 - 1993 in Private Practice at Nagpur.
1991 -1992 Consultant to Dayalbagh University for university buildings.
1994 - to date in private Practice at Bangalore.
|BOARD MEMBERS AND COMMITTEES :
- Founding Member and Managing Trustee Centre for Green Building Materials and Technology, CGBMT, Bangalore.
- The Social Network for Sustainability : CGBMT, Bangalore since Jun 28, 2007.
- Listed in the directory of service providers of NMBA – National Mission for Bamboo Applications, for consultancy services and Research and devilment.
- Jury of Architecture Competitions — Sustainable Living, 2007.
|VISITING LECTURES TEACHING :
- “Bamboo – Applications and their uses” at BMS College of Engineering on 29th April, 2004.
- “Bamboo Career Prospects in Industry” at Dayalbagh Universtiy, Agra, INDIA, 12th August, 2004.
- “Bamboo – Application in Interiors & Landscaping, Women’s Polytechnic at Dayalbagh University, Agra on 12th August 2004.
- “Bamboo—a potential alternative in the construction industry”, at KPTCL, Bangalore, INDIA, 2004.
- “Bamboo – A Cost Effective Building Material” at HUDCO, Bangalore, 2nd December, 2004.
- “Bamboo in Buildings” – Guest lecturer at IFS Officer Training on “ Innovative Industrial Products from Bamboo for poverty Alleviation, 4th Jan 2005 at IPIRTI, Bangalore, INDIA.
- “Bamboo – The Green Gold” presentation at IIA meet on 24th June 2005 at Bangalore.
- “Bamboo and Sustainability” – Workshops on Sustainable Building organized by Centre for Green Building Materials and Technology at Bangalore on 25th November, 2005.
- “Bamboo – A Sustainable Solution “ Guest lecturer at Bharatiya Vidyapeeth College of – Architecture, Navi Mumbai on 25th Feb, 2006.
- "Bamboo -- Re-engineering the wonder grass” on 19th August, 2006 at Chandigarh organize by A3 Foundation.
- “Bamboo – An Alternative Building Material” Training Programme for civil engineers, conducted jointly by IPIRTI and BMTPC at IPIRTI, Bangalore.
- Conducted a 4-day workshop on “Designing Beyond Sustainability” Dec,2009 in collaboration with KSCST, GOK and CGBMT, Bangalore, at IISC, Bangalore.
- Conducted 3-day Workshop on” Rural Building Techniques- MUD AND BAMBOO” , for students of Srishti School of Design, Bangalore, INDIA, Sep ,2010.
|Sir M Vishwesvarayya Prize - A National Award in the Design Ideas Competition 2004-2005 on “Application of Bamboo in Construction” Organized jointly by HUDCO, New Delhi and Hari Om Ashram Trust, Nadiad, Gujarat. The award has been given for the State Level Energy Park at Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain, Bangalore for innovative use of Bamboo in construction and its significant contribution to the socio-economic, environmental, durability and safety aspects. The award was given at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 27th April 2005.
IIA-SHRI DHARMASTHALA MANJUNATHESWARA AWARD 2005 FOR EXCELLENCE IN RURAL ARCHITECTURE for my project “Navodaya Vidyalaya Residential School” at Gandsi, Hassan District, Karnataka. The award has been given for reflecting outstanding qualities in Architecture and planning and contributing to the local rural environment of the place. The award was given on 22nd October 2005 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- Our Projects have been published in various magazines like A+D, IIA journal, India today, The week ,Down to Earth, Times Group publication on Green Buildings etc.
- Our involvement with sustainable architecture has been written about in leading news papers like Deccan Herald, The Hindu, Vijaya times, Hindustan times, and several other regional and national news papers.
- My own residence ”House of Five Elements” has been published in “Project update” in 2010.
- Bamboo; new raw material for construction crazy Bangaloreans,August 8, 2007 :
State Level Energy Park, Bangalore and Usage of Bamboo; Journo Diary.
- Zee TV – Kannada channel interviewed me as one of the “Emerging personalities of Karnataka” Which was telecast in may 2006.
- Subsequently ETV also interviewed me for a programme on ‘Vaastu in Architecture’.
- Architectural stunners and winners all the way –Alternative materials and technology used to create stunning structures… The Hindu Online edition of India's National Newspaper Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 .
- The Hindu : Property Plus Bangalore : It's stronger than cement ...12 Jan 2008 ... Promoting his thought flow is the Bangalore-based architect who takes up only sustainable, eco-friendly constructions, Neelam Manjunath of ...
- Bamboo Buildings - The ultimate in Sustainability MANJUNATH, NEELAM, Manasaram Architects,G-21, Bangalore; SARAN, GURUDAYAL, Centre for Green Building Materials a. Technology, Bangalore; Rotterdam (Netherlands) in-house publishing 2005 , p.1326-1333.
- Deccan Herald, Tuesday, April 27, 2004.
- Times of India Publications
Call of the eco-home
Investing in an eco-friendly house is a healthy and wise decision.Here's what you need to know if you too want to live in such a home happily ever after by Anu Bhambhani .
- Building materials have ecological footprints Aug 2007 ,Down to Earth Vol: 16 Issue: 20070831.
E - LINKS:
Research reports and dissertations, books, papers and journal articles related to building research or research results, as well as references to ongoing and completed research projects.
|CONFERENCE AND SEMINARS -PAPER PRESENTATIONS
- Conference on Energy efficiency in Building, conducted at Vigyan Bhavan, 29th & 30th Jan’92. paper titled "Energy Conservation Through Window Designing .
- “Vastu and Architecture”, 13th September ‘97 at Shri D.U.R .I Auditorium at Bangalore.
- “Bamboo- As an appropriate Building Material” in March 2001IPIRTI Auditorium, Bangalore.
- “Responsible Creativity Vs Creative Responsibility” at Practicing Architects Association meet on 21st February 2003 at ‘Garden Hut’ Century Club, Cubbon Park, Bangalore.
- “Bamboo Architecture in India – Through the times” at VII International “ World Bamboo Congress” at Ashoka Hotel, on 27th Feb 2004 4th March 2004 at New Delhi.
- "Bamboo Housing – A Sustainable / Magical Solution” International Seminar on Transforming Habitat Development through strategic Interventions; Requirement Mapping and Change Analysis” at Colombo from August 20-23, 2004.
- “Bamboo as Wood Substitute” at the National seminar on Wood substitution through Engineered Wood, Bamboo and other Lignocellulose, at IPIRTI, Bangalore on December 17, 2004.
- “Bamboo based Housing – The Green Gold Movement” at ICHH- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN HABITAT, 2005 at Bombay 29th -31st Jan 2005.
- “Introduction to Bamboo Architecture” at the National Seminar on “Introduction to Bamboo Architecture and disaster Housing with Bamboo” jointly organized by CGBMT, Bangalore and IPIRTI, Bangalore on 5th June 2005.
- “Bamboo Dwellings - Crafts and Architecture” on 16th July 2005 at Ganjam Mandappa, Banashankari, Bangalore.
- “Bamboo – The Green Gold for Green Buildings” at an International Conference at Green Building Congress on 14-17th September 2005 at New Delhi.
- “Bamboo Buildings – Ultimate in Sustainability” at the 2005 World Sustainable Building Conference in Tokyo , 27-29 September 2005, Tokyo, Japan.
- “Bamboo for Sustainable Rural housing & Infrastructure development” at SPIRIT 2006. (Sustainable and participative initiative for rural Infrastructure technologies.), Max Mueller Bhawan, New Delhi , 16th march 2006.
- Participated and Hosted in the workshop " Sustainability Living 2007" at Bangalore.
- Participated in Hosted in the workshop "Designing Beyond Sustainability 08" at IISC, Bangalore.
- Paper presentation- ”Future of Bamboo? The Greenest of Green Building Material” at International Sustainable Building Conference ‘SB08’, Melbourne, Australia, Sep, 2008.
- Poster presentation on ” Bamboo, the Environment, and Climate Change” at World Bamboo Congress, Thailand, 19th September, 2009.
- “ World Future Energy summit 2010 ” at Abu Dhabi on Jan 2010.
- “International Colloquium” on Architecture-Structure interaction for sustainable built environment, Bangalore on 22-25th April- 2010.
- Participation in the Conference” World Future Energy Summit 2010” at Abudhabi, (U.A.E.). Conducted Round table discussion--- “Future Architecture - Back to Indigenous Buildings?”
- Participated in the “World Architecture Festival awards” at Barcelona, Spain, 3 & 5th Nov, 2010.